Ranch Dressing and Dip

8 teaspoons dried minced onion
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder

Store this dry powder in the refrigerator or cool place. It will last a long time if kept cold.

FOR DRESSING:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup buttermilk

 To prepare dressing, combine 1 tablespoon dry mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk; refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups. 

For DIP:
1 cup sour cream
To prepare dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix and sour cream; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1 cup. 

Pioneer Mom's Notes: This is one of my all-time favorites. Ever since I started making this dressing with my homemade buttermilk, we like to have it on hand. If it gets empty, it is ever so easy to take buttermilk, mayo, the dry powder and voila! An instant ranch dressing. No more storebought ranch around here! This beats many dressings I have ever tasted. And, there is no msg, guaranteed. Well, I guess you better make sure there is no msg in the mayonnaise you use...I often just use a cheap salad dressing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment